Monday, July 30, 2012

A Little Dab Will Do You!

Despite the excessive heat we have been having here in the mid-west my husband and I have been diligently working on Dottie, our little vintage travel trailer.  Here is a picture proving just how hot it really is...

It's kind of difficult to tell, because this thermometer is a little difficult to read because it only shows 5 degree increments, but if you look very closely you can see that it was 108 degrees the day we were working on Dottie.  The thermometer is setting on top of the counter in the trailer.  It is a good shot of the vintage counter top that is white and yellow.  BTW this thermometer came with our trailer.  Isn't it cute!

 Since my husband has been off work since April,  we have had plenty of time on our hands.  I only work 2-3 days a week, and when I am not at work I am plugging away on our to do list.

One of the things my husband has been concentrating on, is removing all the excessive silicone around the windows, emblems and lights on the out side of the trailer. Too say the previous owner got carried away is an understatement.  Evidently when he noticed the camper was leaking he got himself some silicone and went around any place he thought that the leaks may be coming from. He definitely did a thorough job!




Looks like he got a little messy with this one.



I won't bore you with a ton of photos with the cleaned up photos, but here is a before and after picture of one of the tail lights.



To date he has done both tail lights, a corner and 2 of the windows.  I keep telling him they better not leak or he will be in big trouble.

Here is a picture of my hubby plugging (or I guess on plugging) away at one of the windows on Dottie.
 

Do you like his hat? He is 6.5 and has an extra large head to go with the rest of him.  He has a very difficult time finding hats that fit him.  Since he shaves his head he has to keep his big noggin from burning.  He found this little gem at a thrift store for only a dollar.  He likes wearing it because it has little holes that help the air circulate.   
 

1 comment:

  1. Dottie is adorable! What product did you use to remove the silicone?

    ReplyDelete