Sunday, July 29, 2012

Searching for my Little Travel Trailer

I have wanted a little travel trailer for some time now, but the timing was never quite right.  If the timing was right, the money was tight.  Although the dream of owning a little travel trailer got put on hold for a really long time, it has always remained a dream.

Earlier this year we started a quest for for a little vintage travel trailer.  I had narrowed my search down to vintage travel trailer's between the years of 1950 to 1970, and I knew that I wanted either Scotty or a Shasta and I really love the canned ham styles.

Well, if you have ever looked at purchasing a little vintage travel trailer, you know they go fast.  Sometimes I would see an ad that was posted in the morning, but by the time I found the ad that afternoon and called about it, it would be sold.  When I first started my search, I was searching within a 50 mile radius of my metropolitan area.  Fifty miles soon became 100, and then 200.  The travel trailer we ended up purchasing was a mere 250+ miles away, and only took 4.5 hours to get there.

I did end up with a Shasta trailer but it not as old as I was hoping for.  My husband is on a temporary layoff (with pay) for about a year and I only work a few days a week, so in April when his layoff started, our search got a little more serious, after all, we now had plenty of time to go camping, just no camper to do it with. (I am way too old for tent camping, it just ain't happening.)  After a few months of looking we broadened our search area and the year as well. That is when we stumbled up on Dottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment