Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Just playing around in my vintage travel trailer

Wow! I am getting really close to being ready to decorate my little vintage travel trailer, YAY!!!

Well if have read my previous post you know I have a really difficult time making decisions.  First picking out fabric for the curtains, then with picking out a paint color.  I never did choose a paint color, I just stumbled upon a bargain that I couldn't refuse, but ended up absolutely loving the result.

Well I have been pondering fabric choices just as long as I have been paint colors and I just can't seem to make up my mind.  I think part of the problem is that I like too me things and just can't settle on just one choice.

I am also a very visual person and have a difficult time knowing if I will like something without actually seeing what it looks like.  Not seeing it in person and seeing the exact color is another problem, especially when it comes to the aqua fabrics, are they too green or too blue? Ugg, just make up my mind already! I was originally going to go with the aqua on the top row, but my husband doesn't really like it. Here are some of the fabrics I am trying to decide on...

I am also thinking that I would like to use 2 fabrics, so that the cushions have a french country look to them.  Maybe something like these sofas...


Well then I remembered that a while back I bought a big bag of fabric for $2.50 at a thrift store.  It was originally $10.00 but it was marked down to half price, then the day I went in they had half off all of their linens, so I got over 10 yards of fabric for $2.50.  I bought the scraps so that I could make some bunting for my trailer.  In the pile of scraps was 5 yards of red western fabric and 4.5 yards of red and white gingham.  I have also bought some sheets and table cloths, so I thought I would just go out the my little vintage trailer and play for awhile.
















Here I put a red sheet on the long bench, and some gingham fabric on one of the dinette cushions.  I brought some other stuff out and started playing around.



I threw on an aqua afghan that I bought at a thrift store for $1.50, (originally $3.00, but again I got it at half price) and a aqua table cloth that I bought at another thrift store for $2.00.
Here is a close up shot of the aqua tablecloth.

















This little table cloth gives me an idea of what it would look like if I chose the large gingham fabric.











I just threw this on the back of the cushion for fun.  This is the little table cloth that was my inspiration piece for my color choices.  I really like the red aqua and yellow together.  I haven't been able to find any fabric with all three colors that I like, but I do like the pop of yellow!

Here is a shot of some vintage flatware that I found at a thrift store.  Each piece was .29.  It wasn't a full set but I thought they were adorable and just couldn't pass them up.  They need some polishing, but that will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy... choices, choices! I have a hard time choosing as well. I really like the aqua checked tablecloth that you put on the dinette! My trailer has an aqua stove and icebox and I chose polka dot fabric similar to your blog background for my curtains and since my trailer is a Scotsman I thought it needed tartan plaid so I chose an aqua plaid fabric for the dinette cushions! Isn't this fun, I'm loving working on my trailer and looking at yours as well! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete