Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More updates on our vintage travel trailer

Well my husband and I (mostly my dear husband) has been working on finishing up our little travel trailer.  He has finished putting on all the trailer's emblems, painting the wheels of the trailers, putting up trim and painting appliances.  We were going to paint the door to our trailer red, but it has a lot of dings so we opted for white right now.  We still need to add trim around the opening of the fridge and some quarter round around the floor, then I think we will be ready for the finishing touches, YAY!

Here are some pictures of all we have accomplished. If you want to see before pictures, check out my first post.

I put up the paper towel holder after I sprayed it with red spray paint made to cover plastic, it used to be a harvest gold color. The tray that you see also came with the trailer.  The seller threw it in with a bunch of other stuff he didn't want.  It was old and scratched up and had a picture of a pheasant on it.  I decided to use some left over red paint and a piece of scrapbook paper.  I used Mod Podge to adhere it.  There is a small hole behind the tray where the old gas light use to be.  I am going to look for a spice rack to hang here while on the Nebraska Junk Jaunt.


Some other things I would love to find, just to name a few, are salt and pepper shakers, a canister set, a  bread box, an old tin match box, a vintage aqua or red radio,  a little vintage stove top coffee pot that percolates, a vintage wall clock in red, some old lanterns, some old coffee cups, and lots and lots of enamel ware.
I am still trying to decide on a fabric for the seat covers, but I got this throw at a thrift store a while back for $1.50.  I guess it will do for awhile.  The other cushions are covered with red sheets that I got for $2.00 each.  One nice thing about having sheets thrown over the cushions is that it makes them easy to wash.  I got that cute little pitcher at a thrift store for $2.00 too.  I made the throw pillow the other day.  I was cruising through pinterest and saw a really cute pillow and wanted to make one of my own.  I am new at sewing but am having a blast making things I never dreamed I could before.  Although it is not as well done as my inspiration pillow, I love how it turned out! When I get back from the Junk Jaunt, I want to make some more pillows and some bunting.  Decorating is the fun part, and I can't wait to get started!







 Here is a better picture of it. Not bad for my first pillow ever!





 We added some trim as a chair rail! We still need 1 more piece though.

18 comments:

  1. Awww, Miss Dottie is looking so cute! I would agree that the decorating is the best part! I love your little pillow, great job for a first timer! :o) Just to let you know though, the link for the inspiration pillow doesn't work for me.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Just wanted to say thank you for your recent comment on my blog (I can't find any other way to respond to you except to put a comment on your blog)

    Congratulations on your son's wedding, that's so exciting!

    If your happy with your trailer without the wallpaper on the ceiling I would advise you leave it... it was SUCH a pain in the you-know-what I'm not sure I'd do it again! I laughed when you said you were envious because I think your trailer is just so cute! I'm thinking of painting drip caps on mine like you did, that's such an adorable look! Of course I have to buy some drip caps first, mine doesn't have any!

    Good luck with your son's wedding and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be making next for your Dottie!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color scheme! She's a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog updates. Is there a link here to follow your progress on your blog? I may never find you again unless I join and your updates give me an automatic alert. But I keep looking and there is no link for this blog that I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Dottie! That stove is adorable and I love the combination of red and green. Looks cozy! Thanks for sharing your trailer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dottie is just precious! I love your colors and fabric choices. I have a vintage Timberline trailer named La Dee Dah and am glamping her up in a similar color palate and with vintage treasures. I can tell you are having as much fun as I am! I just bought her in August 2012 so have only had her on a couple outings last summer and fall. I can hardly wait for the summer season to arrive. I don't know exactly how I got started with this obsession, but zowie it's been fun and I've met a lot of super gals and their little trailers. Drop by my blog Lynneferd blogspot sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dottie, Love your lil camper. Did you put beadboard wallpaper in? I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dottie is so cute... Have you thought about adding a follow my blog button on your site? Like someone else said, I'm afraid I'll never find you again ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any more updates? Got a way to follow? Im falling hard in love with vintage campers..... Love the quirky, mid century modern kitsch...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a great job...so cute. have you checked out "girls on the fly"? they all have vintage travel trailers and you can get some great ideas...although you seem to be doing just fine on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy I found your blog. I just bought a 1971 Shasta 1400 and am totally inspired by your renovation! I love the colors. Your pillow is super cute too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading your blog and seeing how adorable you were able to make Dottie.... Hubby finally surprised me that we are ready to start shopping for a vintage camper all my own. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. This is a beautiful! You really did a great job on renovations. Everything on it looks nice! Makes me want to work on a trailer as a project. I was looking at Used Travel Trailers

    Keith
    Stoltzfus-Rec

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad I rediscovered your blog :). Any Dottie updates? Our vintage trailers have very similar colour schemes. There's just something about red and aqua together that I love. Hope you had a few camping trips this summer. Happy travels, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Dottie looks so vintage and elegant! I like it! The overall appearance proves how much you invested on her. You did a good job decorating her inside and out. Truly a remarkable transformation!

    Greg Inward

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for sharing all of your hard work! i am still in the dreaming and researching phase of wanting a vintage camper. i love how ours is turning out and hope to see continued posts! i have read your whole blog but didn't see where you painted your stove red, which looks so awesome! any tips or details about that?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The interior of your trailer is more than beautiful it is breath taking. I can't even believe how vintage you made this thing look. I could only hope to have something so cozy as this one day. I can honestly say that I may actually enjoy camping if I had something like this to sleep in.
    Cynthia | http://www.mountviewrentals.com/en/10_man_camp.html

    ReplyDelete