Monday, September 10, 2012

Interior paint in our vintage travel trailer!

Wow, we finally got around to painting the interior of our vintage travel trailer. I had a really difficult time choosing a color, but then I stumbled upon some aqua paint at a outdoor flea market of all places.  Can you believe it, I found a can of can of mistinted paint from Sherwin Williams. The color is called Waterscape. Although I didn't have any swatches from Sherwin Williams (There are not any stores that are close to me) it was very close to one of the Benjamin Moore's colors that I liked, Antiquan Sky. Best of all it was only $5.00.  Well the guy wanted $8.00, don't get me wrong $8.00 is a great price, but I didn't want to buy it and then not like it and have it go to waste, so I told the guy I was going to think about it for awhile.  As I was walking away he asked if I would take it for $5.00, so I thought to myself , "what the heck, it's only 5 bucks, go for it" and bought it. 

  I have also been really busy making curtains and finally got them finished too.  Here is a picture of both the paint and curtains together.

I love the color!  I can't believe I got a $40 dollar can of paint for 5 bucks!  The curtains were a fluke, but I really like how they turned out.  They were just supposed to be the blue fabric with the polka dot ribbon on the bottom.  The ribbon was to help these curtains tie in with the curtains in the back of the camper.  Well, I am new at sewing.  I sewed some curtains earlier for the rear of the trailer but those were my first project ever.  Well I measured the fabric and cut it out, once I cut it out I realized that I didn't measure enough fabric for rod.  If I folded the fabric over to make a pocket for the rod, the curtain was too short, so I decided to add the gingham to the bottom.  Once I folded the blue fabric over to make a pocket for the rod, I didn't like how the blue fabric was almost the same width as the gingham, so I decided to sew red gingham to the top of the fabric to make a pocket for the rod.  I think they came out great! See the light fixture?  Well, we got that for free.  The vintage light fixtures that came with the trailer were dry cracked and brittle.  My husband and I go to thrift stores on a weekly basis. (he sells stuff on ebay) and so we were keeping our eyes open for an old light fixture.  Well he was on his way home and just a few houses down from us, someone was throwing away a pole lamp that had 3 sconces on them.  The base of the fixture you see is original but he painted both the sconce and base red and we have 2 left over for the other fixtures in the rear of the trailer.  We still have a lot of work to do, but we are getting close to doing some finishing touches.  We are going to paint the fridge red with some appliance paint, and frame the old opening with some trim. 

3 comments:

  1. Dottie is looking so lovely! Great deal on that paint! I'm getting ready to paint my vintage trailer inside as well. I bought paint in an aqua color as well but I think it's too bright so I may tone it down by mixing in some white or something. I love your curtains... a happy accident! :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quanta delicadeza!!! Amei tudo..achei lindo cada detalhe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interior Painting contractor
    A qualified Interior Painting contractor should figure out all the costumer really needs. With this skills any MAC Design Corp everyone will provide several alternate options and additionally choices that are going to transformation your personal property rooms check.

    ReplyDelete