Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Decorating my vintage travel trailer

My husband and I have spent a lot of time working on our little vintage travel trailer, and she is nowhere near being close to decorating.  But that doesn't mean that I haven't spent countless hours thinking about paint colors, fabric choices, or scouting thrift stores and flea markets finding just the right accessories.

The counter tops and table are yellow and white, and I love the retro design.

Although I would absolutely love to make my little vintage travel trailer into a shabby cottage on wheels, all done up shades of mint green, pinks and yellows, my husband just wouldn't go for that.

So, since I love vintage kitchen's from the 30's 40's and 50's just as much as shabby chic, I decided that would be the route I would take.  It didn't hurt that my husband has always liked that style as well.

I love pink and black, and pink and aqua color combo's of the 50's but again my husband did not want to be surrounded by pink.

My other all time favorite color combo is red and aqua.  I love, love, love those colors together.

So, red and aqua it is!!!  Yay.

Here is my inspiration piece.  It is a little table cloth that I have had for quite awhile.  The colors are perfect.  Red, blue, aqua and a touch of yellow. 

I have been scouring the internet looking for just the right fabric to go with this.  I have looked on eBay, Etsy, and local fabric stores trying to find fabric that has red, aqua and yellow to make curtains for the kitchen, but just can't seem to find anything I really love.  The closest thing I have come across is dish towels and other tablecloths.  I may just end up buying a few of those to make my curtains.

I have already picked out fabric for the rear of the trailer.  Red polka dot's.  I love polka dot's.

This is my first time ever making anything.  I bought a sewing machine years ago, because I wanted to learn to sew, but I never got past figuring out how to thread the darn machine.

Well, knowing I wanted to attempt making my own curtains, I got out my machine that has been stored away for more that 10 years.  Got out the directions an voila I did it. Yay!



1 comment: