Saturday, August 25, 2012

Interior paint for my vintage travel trailer

Well I have agonized quite a bit about what color to paint the interior of my vintage travel trailer.  I knew I wanted aqua. but choosing THE color. I don't want to pick a color and have it come out looking like toothpaste.

I have been slowly eliminating color swatches and have narrowed it down to just a few.


This is my weekend to work so I don't get to work on my trailer this weekend. 

I think I have narrowed it down to these few colors...BM Hazy Blue or Antiguan Sky.  Both of those colors are on the top card.

On the card to the far left is BM Green Wave, 2nd from the top, and warm springs right under than. 

On the card in the center BM Wythe Blue.  Wythe Blue just happens to be Benjamin Moore's color of the year for 2012. I think this is a very pretty and a very soothing color.  Here is a photo of a dining room done in this color.  Click on the above link to read more about this color.

I bought a can of paint from Krylon called Catalina Mist and I love it.  I have been thinking about just having it color matched because I have painted some larger items with this color and I know I like it.  Benjamin Moore also has a color called Catalina Mist which is on the card to the far right. I'm not sure if they are the same color or not.  It is the third one down.  Right above that is the color Bali.  Okay now it's just a matter of eliminating those...eenie meenie miney mo.





1 comment:

  1. I have my living room painted wythe blue and love it. I do think it is a little grey though for a small trailer...a brighter shade might be better. As for whether named shades in krylon and BM are the same I doubt it. My vote would be antiquan sky or warm springs.

    ReplyDelete