Sunday, August 19, 2012

Decorating a vintage travel trailer, fabric choices

Decisions, decisions, I am horrible at making decisions.  I know what I like, but I like a lot of stuff.  I love vintage decor, shabby chic decor, and even traditional decor.  With my home I play it safe and paint with neutral colors and decorate with a traditional style.

But for my vintage travel trailer I want to have fun.  I mentioned before that I would love to have a shabby chic cottage of wheels, but alas my husband has different ideas.  So together we have decided on going for a vintage decor of aqua and red, and I love, love, love aqua and red.  As I type this I still don't know what color I am going to paint the interior or exterior of my little vintage travel trailer.

Not only am I having a difficult time making a decision on paint colors I am also having a difficult time with fabric selection.  Maybe you can help.

I have a few options that I am thinking about...
 The fabrics to the left are  combonation of fabric by Moda Bonnie & Camille and Riley Blake.  Both designers have a retro feel to them. The red fabric with white polka dots is the fabric I am using for the curtains in the back half of my travel trailer. I am thinking of the fabric to the right for curtains in the kitchen area.  The aqua lattice print is a possible option for the upholstery. That is another decision I am trying to make.  To make the cushions red or aqua, although I am leaning toward aqua, I am still going back and forth between the two.  

I really like the punch of black with this one.  If I choose this fabric, I would use the fabric with the cherries on it for the kitchen curtains.  It is by Robert Kaufman and it is part of The Giving Garden.  I am not sure if this is a new fabric or a discontinued fabric.  I stumbled upon it the other day, but could only find one source for it. The red lattice print in a possible fabric for the cushions,  The rest of the fabric I would use for throw pillow that I am going to attempt to make.  I am also going to try to make some bunting. I think bunting is just adorable !!!  Having a vintage travel trailer is bringing out my creative side and I am having so much fun.

Here are a couple of other fabric choices I have pondered on, but think I have ruled them out.  I really like the one with the roses, but my husband has vetoed it as being way to girly.


The Aqua fabric with roses is by Tanya Whelen and is part of the Darla collection.

The fabric with the daisies is by Michael Miller and is called Daisy Doolittle in Aqua.  My husbands favorite flower is the daisy and since with have a Shasta Trailer it might be kinda cute, but I'm just not sure I like it.I would love to hear what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the 1st bunch, nd the 3rd. I think the daisy pattern is cute! I wish I was at the decorating stage with my project! :0)

    ReplyDelete